Saturday, March 31, 2012

Topless Chief

Pulled the cylinders on the Chief today. Eveything looks pretty good inside.



Haven't mic'ed the rear cylinder yet, but I'll bet it's .060" over too, and looks as good as the front did. Also looks to me like both cylinders have been sleeved. Valves and seats look really good too.

The bottom end feels pretty good to me, but I'm gonna have Fuzzy check it out. I might get lucky with just rebuilding the oil pump and changing some gaskets.

The engine stand works really nice.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I'm not too surprised given the rebuild receipt you have. I bet it has seen too many miles between '71 and now. Getting Fuzzy's assessment seems like a good plan.

    I see you picked up the deadblow hammer I was trying to convince you to buy. I'm betting you'll use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete