Sunday, February 12, 2012

Smalls...

I am a pretty big fan of American Pickers. When Mike and Frank are picking small items, they refer to them as "smalls". I guess I was working on "smalls" this weekend on the Indian.

Lessee...

- Got the new head gasket back on the front cylinder, and ran it and retorqued the bolts. front now has compression approximately equal to the back...



My side stand just got back from a short vacation to see Bitmonkey, so I celebrated by painting and installing it before it decided to take any more trips. Works great.



Chipped 42 years of Oklahoma dirt and grease off of the final drive chain, disassembled, cleaned and lubed the starter gear so the kicker pedal can come back up after the engine starts...



Other than that, just spent several hours trying to clean years and years of oil, grease, and dirt off of everything I can reach. I am pretty sure I will be doing this for some time to come. Good news though: Turns out it makes a pretty good preservative. Once you get it off, what's underneath looks pretty pristine... Hope your weekend was as satisfying as mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment