Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Some two-wheeled literature...

Okay, so I blame English Stephen... Well, I blame him in absentia... It was he who loaned BitMonkey the copy of "Big Sid's Vincati", by Matthew Biberman, which I purloined and thoroughly enjoyed reading in one somewhat sleepless sitting over the holidays.


This clearly establishes Stephen's guilt in my opinion.

Reading the aforementioned tome in turn opened my eyes to the whole "wrenching motorcycles as a path to Nirvana" genre, so the next logical choice, given my impending committment to a certain Wigwam product, is "Rebuilding the Indian", by Fred Haeffele.


A guilty conscious about stealing Stephen's book, coupled with an acute shortage of funds, causes me to go the library route this time. I'll let you know how it is, although I might take the time to sleep this time around.

2 comments:

  1. For sure. The guy comes across as all proper, generous and thoughtful. It's got to be the accent. In truth he's nothing but a troublemaker...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neglected to mention... In the preface, Mr. Haeffele includes Mr. Mike Breeding in his list of those to thank.

    ReplyDelete