Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Indian" Script

So Sacagawea (that's what my wife has begun calling Flathead Rob's Chief) has the "Indian" script logo on the non-shifter side of the gas tank but it's blank on the shifter side. It can't find holes (or obvious signs of filler) on the blank side. I've heard you could order a '48 Chief in either left or right side shift so I wouldn't think they'd have shifter specific tanks. I've seen pictures of bikes that have the logo on both sides. I'm wondering if it's just missing, a year thing or perhaps a model/trim thing. Anyone know?

2 comments:

  1. It has Indian logos on both tanks in the 1970 pictures. Must either be missing and filled, or maybe a replacement right tank from a different year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's filled. Between the way it's wedged against the wall and the crappy light in that part of the garage it's tough to get a really good look at the right side.

    ReplyDelete