Thursday, November 7, 2013

Progress!

I have spent so much time dreaming about the day when my Chief bottom end was finally put together for the final time.  Well, it's here!

This first picture shows the cams in and correctly timed:
This next picture shows the new pushrods, and also illustrates a problem.  I had too little clearance even with the adjusters bottomed.  I called a fellow Indian afficionado who has already saved my bacon once!  He asked me if I had the "thick" or the "thin" lock nuts...

Turns out I had the thick ones:

 So Duff saved me by sending a set of four thin lock nuts, as shown below.  Between these, and some home made .025" cylinder base gaskets, I got the clearance I needed.


I hope to be able to install the rings, and button up the cylinders this weekend.  Stay tuned for further developments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment